The Attempted Murder of Preacher Unkle Beau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Attempted Murder of Preacher Unkle Beau

Ah! I missed that since I was standing outside facing down the Yankees that I thought was going to burn the church. I never heard the proceedings that went on in there.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

There is what is.
      There is what may be successfully argued in court.
      The two have NEVER been the same thing.
      Glen E. Hargis
      Rackensacker Mess
      Co. A, First U.S. Infantry (faux)

Comment

If Mr. Comer is to be the judge in this case, he owes his life to my mercy or he would be hanging in the grist mill. I will decide the guilt or innocence of the yankee scoundrel who shot the preacher. Let me ponder this for a moment. That's long enough. Hang him!
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Well, that was easy! :) Let's move on to the civil cases then.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Just wonderin'
            How do folks think Gov. Thomas Clement Fletcher will react to what will appear to be the lynching of a Union veteran after the "trial" (so called) is concluded?
            He has freely called out the militia to run reb bushwhackers to earth.
            He himself commanded Unionist Missouri regiments in the war.
            So what side of this issue do you see him coming down on?
            Glen E. Hargis
            Rackensacker Mess
            Co. A, First U.S. Infantry (faux)

Comment

Fletcher will have more important work, like re-distributing confiscated property, trying to kill Sam Hildebrand, hunting Josey Wales.....or, just looking forward.

Fletcher was sworn in as Missouri’s 18th governor on January 2, 1865. He dealt with amnesty for Confederate soldiers and sympathizers, emancipation of Missouri slaves, railroad bond defaults, and the reorganization of the public education system. Governor Fletcher supported the establishment of Lincoln Institute (Lincoln University) in Jefferson City, and also established the Missouri State Board of Immigration. This board helped rebuild the state’s population, diminished during the Civil War years.

Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
              Terry Pratchett

Comment

The defense for the accused is looking for a few witnesses to testify on the events leading up to the alleged crime. One of those witnesses should be a towns-person knowledgeable about the goings on amongst armed transients prior to the arrival of the army. Another witness would have knowledge of the soldiers activities while occupying Grays Summit. That witness would be a former soldier from the ranks of the 21st Missouri.

If you are willing and able to testify for the defense, please contact me via private message here in order to make some arrangements.

-Andy Ackeret, clerk on behalf of Dave Gerow, esq.
                Last edited by Andy Ackeret; 01-16-2010, 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling
                Andy Ackeret
                A/C Staff
                Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Working...
                X