Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2010- LBL Event

Mar Your calendars for March 2010

Most of the primary individuals who were instrumental in coordinating the previous events at the Land Between the Lakes site, have begun planning for a return to this great area.

The previous event which saw the Federals commanded by Steve Acker against the Confederates commanded by John Duffer, used an area approximately 5,000 square acres in size.

For the event in march of 2010, we are looking at 28,000 acres to play with.

We are looking at the activities of the advancing units as Sherman began his move from Chattanooga towards Atlanta, and the numerous smaller engagements that took place in the Spring of 1864 in the N. Ga area as his move towards Atlanta began.

Event Date: March 2010 (Exact dates to be determined, once final coordination with the park service is accomplished)

Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area (Located between the sites of Historic For Donelson and Fort Henry on the Tn/Ky border.
    Sponsor/Host: Independence Mess (The same folks who were part of the MOOCOWS who hosted the previous LBL events)
    Capacity:TBA
    POC: Josh Fieldhouse, Brian Hicks or Bill Little
    Email: joshef@gmail.com, brian_hicks@usa.net, william.littleii@us.army.mil
    Forum: A/C Forum Subforum to be established
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Re: March 2010- LBL Event

Brian,
    I would like to help with the event planning if you need some . LBL is almost in my back yard.
    Jerry Ross
    Withdraw to Fort Donelson Feb 2012

Just a sinner trying to change

Hog Driver
    Lead ,Follow or Get out of the way !

Comment

For anyone who has not been to the LBL property, it is perfect for an event of this nature and the organizers are top shelf. I had a great time at the last LBL and am glad to hear of another one. I'll be there and like Jerry offer any help I can offer.

Steve Acker

Comment

Brian:

Having attended the last LBL, I am excited about this one for 2010. This is a great site with a lot of land to move around. Most excellent. :D
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

An official "I'm interested" bump!
          Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
          Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
          ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
          ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
          ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
          ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
          ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Has a date been selected for this event?
            Nathan Hellwig
            AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
            "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I must say so myself, this was my first campainer event. I have not been to another that can match the one in 2006. I will be there with bells on.

"Just tell me where to go Captain"

David Dalton
              Christian Jebb

(Double D)

Comment

The Park has given us a 'a go' for :

10:00 AM, Mar. 12 to 2:00 PM, Mar. 14, 2010
                Brian Hicks
                Widows' Sons Mess

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

I had an absolute blast at the last one. Count Mess No. 1 in for this one.
                  Ken Cornett
                  MESS NO.1
                  Founding Member
                  OHIO
                  Mason Lodge #678, PM
                  Need Rules?

Comment

A little clarification. The park will allow us to start staging and preparing at 10:00 am that Friday. Those of us sponsoring the event, are looking at commissary and ordnance issues, then releasing the two opposing sides into the maneuver area, later that evening. We'll probably ask that everyone arrive no later than 5 or 6pm that evening.

Josh Fieldhouse and Bill Little are going up to teh site, and talking through the entire scenario, contingency plans, etc. with the rangers, within the next few days.

Once that is done, we'll have a much clearer picture as to what the true time line and sequence of events and the use of available terrain will be.
                    Brian Hicks
                    Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

“ Most of the primary individuals who were instrumental in coordinating the previous events at the Land Between the Lakes site, have begun planning for a return to this great area. “

“ The organizers are top shelf. I had a great time at the last LBL and am glad to hear of another one. I'll be there and like Jerry offer any help I can offer. “

“Having attended the last LBL, I am excited about this one for 2010. This is a great site with a lot of land to move around. Most excellent. “

“I must say so myself, this was my first campainer event. I have not been to another that can match the one in 2006. “

I put on four LBL events: A STROLL IN THE WOODS – A ROUTINE PATROL – A WOODGATHERING DETAIL & A FIGHTING WITHDRAWEL. I of course had an enormous amount of help with rations, coordination with LBL officials, rolling cartridges, brainstorming, etc but the event scenarios, rules of engagement, advertising, registration, officer selection, civilian coordination, etc, etc, were mine. All involved with this new effort are excellent and I see no reason to doubt it will be a great event but I feel it should be billed as a brand new event. To advertise it based on previous successes is borderline dishonest and personally insulting to me.
                      John Duffer
                      Independence Mess
                      MOOCOWS
                      WIG
                      "There lies $1000 and a cow."

Comment

John,

The standards set by you in organizing the previous LBL events is we'll regarded. Knowing that the MOOCOWs couldn't be without your participation, we have been mindful not to proclaim this upcoming LBL as a MOOCOW production. We'd be more than pleased to have you on on board. Your experience will be much appreciated by those few of us involved in this one.
                        Last edited by BrianHicks; 01-14-2009, 06:43 PM.
                        Brian Hicks
                        Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

I'm in for sure! Loved the last one.
                          Frank Perkin

Comment

Gentlemen,

In response to John's post above, I think it appropriate that I take this opportunity to make sure that everyone understands that the March, 2010 LBL event is an effort being put on by the Independent Mess (specifically Josh Fieldhouse, Bill Little and myself).

Yes... this new effort is going to strive for the same levels of success John Duffer was able to achieve during the previous events at LBL, and while it is taking place in the same area of the previous LBL events, this one is a totally separate effort from what John was able to produce.

While those of us involved in this new effort were at times involved to varying degrees (some of us far less than others) with a number of the previous LBL events, it was John and his untiring, unselfish efforts that drove those evens to their success.

John, no dishonesty or insult was intended, and I apologize for any that has taken place.
                            Brian Hicks
                            Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

"A Fighting Withdrawal " was my first immersion event and probably still one of my favorites. The setting is superb in terms of its beauty, remoteness, and definitely the physical challenges it presents to the combatants. Mr. Duffer did an outstanding job in planning this event and I was proud to have served under him. Gentleman, don't miss this one!
                              David Parent

The Cracker Mess
                              MLK Mess
                              Black Hat Boys
                              WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

Working...
                              X