X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desotobob
    replied
    Re: Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

I have added your discussion board to my oft-read forums. I will keep up to date on what is planned. I also am researching Little York as it appears Staff wants us involved. Any links or books you can lead me to would be appreciated. We in Town are looking forward to the activities.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

I've posted some info about our role in the event on the discussion board, http://wilsonscreek.proboards.com/index.cgi, that all participants need to take a look at. Also, if you are wanting to attend, please go ahead and get registered and join us for some fun in SW Missouri in August.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Looking forward to the info Tom.

Leave a comment:

• csuniforms
    replied

I will be posting some information I have on MSG clothing soon. It will concern the colored patches worn on the sleeves of the MSG and the other State Regiments engaged at Wilsons Creek. Included will be some contemporary descriptions of MSG men-- and my take on MSG impressions based on contemporary research. I got most of my information from period newspapers covering the campaign to keep Missouri in the Union. Some neat stuff. Will have photos too.
    CSuniforms
    Tom Arliskas

Leave a comment:

• Old Reb
    replied

In all seriousness, I know Mr. Owens will look after those in his command, and the advisement to be in shape should be heeded. I have seen too many people drop out on marches because they didn't take pre event warnings seriously, or misjudged their own abilities. So, get in shape, survive Skip's death march and then come to Missouri in August.

Leave a comment:

• elcid01
    replied

Originally posted by Old Reb View Post
    After reading how Marse Skip is going to kill everyone in Virginny marching them in the heat without water,

Or die in Virginny with Skip.:)
    Tom, you know that i will authorize 1 canteen per 10 men for each 24 hr period. That is more than fair!.... ha ha... ***Just Kidding ***

*** disclaimer***

no place south of the M-D is cool in August! Virginiy is closer to the ocean for that "cool" breeze! Wilsons creek is a place i have always wanted to visit though!

Cheers my friend...

Leave a comment:

• Old Reb
    replied

After reading how Marse Skip is going to kill everyone in Virginny marching them in the heat without water, I will opt for Missouri where it is nice and cool in August. Seriously, there was fighting West of the Big River, so folks should give Wilson's Creek a look see. Or die in Virginny with Skip.:)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Bumping this endeavor. I am adding some excellent primary resource material taken from the memoirs of one of the men in Burbridge's regiment on the discussion board. If you are joining us for this endeavor, please be getting your registration in.

Leave a comment:

• Huck
    replied

I am just trying to figure out, which group of friends Im going to fall in with. I should have an idea by Camp Jackson, MAYBE.........................

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Just bumping this a bit to remind folks. Information has been a bit slow on the discussion forum for our effort but I see that picking up in the future. I think we will be portraying some of Burbridge's companies with actual numbers or pretty darn close, Kip Lindberg has a beautiful copy of Burbridge's colors which he is gracious enough to let us use and we may be doing some stuff either for the NPS or some living history type demos for the public at times (working on this part).

I can promise you that we will be aggressive during the tacticals and will not be standing still much for this event. We will stay busy.

Leave a comment:

• Campjacksonboy
    replied

I'll concur with what Mike said. Com'on guys the war didn't begin or end at Manassas! Carthage MO has it beat by two weeks! Camp Jackson by two and a half months. However if you want to wear clown pants I guess Manassas is the place to do it. Ive got a few camel hair fezzes left for anyone wanting to do a zoo zoo impression at Manassas;)
    (The Manassas Crack is a joke for those of you who are humor impaired. Will be at Manassas if the wife will let me and I can get off work; At a summer job I don't have yet.)
    Frank Aufmuth

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Bumping this a bit lads. Take a look at the discussion board and come and join us. I know it's close to Manassas and all that but that's ok. I'm going to Manassas too. Carpool with your pards etc and take part in the CS victory that came on the heels of Manassas.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

And I'll be glad to do so:

I'm very happy to announce that Matt Laird and Clay Goser will be heading up two companies in this battalion. That brings us up to 4 led by these two gentlemen, Frank Aufmuth and Greg Richardson. I think we are going to do Burbridge's boys proud and would like to see folks join us in this effort. If you're considering Wilson's Creek as a 150th event, please join up with our battalion in one of these fine companies.

Leave a comment:

• mslaird
    replied

We will have another company out of Northwest Arkansas but I will let Mike make that formal announcement as well.

Leave a comment:

• cgoser
    replied

The possible third company that Mike has alluded to will be raised and fielded by members of the 11th Miississippi, Co G out of St Louis. I'll let Mike make the announcement on the boards.

We're a progressive campaign company that is looking to step up the ante and the MSG impression is something we've tried several times at Athens and other local events. We had good times doing homeguard at Twin Rivers and look forward to any other like minded men wishing to throw in for the protection of the great state of Missouri.

Sincerest Regards,
    Clay W. Goser

Leave a comment:

Working...
X