X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campjacksonboy
    replied
    Re: Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

Join the company that rocks! Represented by Me, my son Xavier, his brother Sam and his other brother Daryl;)
    Co. B Jackson Guard!
    Frank Aufmuth
    (Bump)

Leave a comment:

• WestTN_reb
    replied

Our company (Richardson's) will be represented by the Bitter Brothers Mess, Little Egypt Mess, members of the Jeff Davis Guard, and any others who would like to fall-in with us. We will be portraying Company A of Burbridge's Division.

BTW: Greg's internet is on the fritz, so I will be the point of contact for the company until he's back online. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

I thought about trying to centralize registration for this thing but I think I'm going to let everyone register on their own instead of me collecting money and registering as a group. That way I'm not holding people's money until I do a group registration and folks can register when and how they want.

So, to keep us on the same page and make it easy to see who is with the adjunct effort when you register:

Under 'unit name' put Burbridge's Division
    Under 'affiliation' click other
    If everyone puts the same thing it will allow me to have a better idea of who is on board and avoid the confusion we had with the TR registration.

Leave a comment:

• Spinster
    replied

Grim,

All the event info is on the adjunct board---but, the dates of most concern are August 10-14---something the Wilson's Creek event website may or may not reflect, as I have not checked it since we sent some corrections/suggestions up the chain of command for the Blue-Gray Alliance.

The Commoration on the Wilson's Creek Park grounds, to be held at the Ray House is on WEDNESDAY. There's a march going in.

Various 'non-scripted battles and manuevers will be held on private land on Thurday-Friday.

Public, scripted battled will take place on Saturday-Sunday, again on private land that is contiguous to the Park.

A civilian 'town' area will be in place on the private land, well removed from military camps, with both scripted and non-scripted interaction. I'll make those civilian related announcements regarding both the "Town" and civilian march information on the CWR board and on the main event website, as I've not gone through the hoops to get an adjunct folder here.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewGrim
    replied

What is the date for this event?

Leave a comment:

• Campjacksonboy
    replied

Ok we are Company B: "Jackson Guard", 1st Infantry, 3rd Division, Missouri State Guard.
    I have posted some information on this company on the Wilson's Creek Adjunct board.
    Frank Aufmuth

Leave a comment:

• Campjacksonboy
    replied

I am excited about this event. My company will be represented by the Tater Mess and the Aufmuth Mess (3 Aufmuth's is probably more than any event can take but I think 3 is bare minimum for a Mess.)
    We have room for more so if anyone is looking for a home sign up with the....We'll get back about company designations soon.
    Frank Aufmuth

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Basic guidelines are now posted on the discussion board. At this time we have two company commanders, Frank Aufmuth and Greg Richardson with another one hopefully to be announced soon. Still room for more companies if you have a desire to raise one.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Just wanted to mention that work is being done on setting up about a 3 or 4 mile march from the actual battlefield to the event site as part of our activities. We have two companies at this point that will be getting formed. If anyone is interested in raising a company please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• ILYankee5
    replied

Make sure you check out the board and sign up and introduce yourself if you are interested in joining up!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    started a topic Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

Raising a battalion of folks interested in a campaign adjunct and having an accurate impression for Wilson's Creek in August. We will portray Burbridge's Regiment, Missouri State Guard. Several of Burbridge's companies were averaging in the 20's, so fairly accurate numbers can be fielded with the typical reenactor company.

There is a discussion board here: http://wilsonscreek.proboards.com/index.cgi

If you are interested, please feel free to join the discussion board and take part in the conversation pertaining to this effort.

If you would like to raise a company for this event, please let me know. I have one definite company commander at this time and another company in the works. We can use 2-3 more.

In 2000 Burbridge's regiment was portrayed by a battalion of 90 men. It would be great to get that many again.
Working...
X