No announcement yet.

Pontoon Boat Adjunct for "Fire on the Rappahannock" - December 7-9, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pontoon Boat Adjunct for "Fire on the Rappahannock" - December 7-9, 2012

Gentlemen,

My apolgies for the delay in posting the first group of registrations for the Pontoon Boat Adjunct for "Fire on the Rappahannock", I was delayed by the Shiloh reenactment and then a visit to the Magic Kingdom. This week I am catching up on my correspondence and sent off the first group of registrations to the registrar for "Fire on the Rappahannock" the list published below are those that have completed the Pontoon Boat Adjunct registration form and sent in their registration fee as requested.

15th NY Engineers
    Bertone, Carter
    Johnson, Brett
    Oakes, Doug
    Tyler, Steve

89th NY Infantry Co G - Mike Comer
    Davenport, Ed
    Orrand, Robert

89th NY Infantry Co K - Bob Bowser
    Bordenaro, Joe
    Brandt, Jeremy
    Keller, Gregory
    Wrightstone, Mark
    Zartman, Dale

89th NY Infantry Co E - James Owens
    Schwartz, Gary

89th NY Infantry Co A - TBD

If your name is not on the list above, either I have not recieved your registration yet or it was done incorrectly. If you believe you are registered, please contact me at pete.berezuk@gmail.com as soon as possible so we can work the problem out.

Information on the Pontoon Boat Adjunct is on the "Fire on the Rappahannock" website at http://fredericksburg150.org/pontoon-boat-adjunct/

The Pontoon Boat Adjunct registration form is available at the following link - http://fredericksburg150.org/wp-cont...gistration.pdf

If you wish to register, please consider doing it as soon as possible. The money from your registration will be put into the fund for constructing the pontoons and we're in need of the funds now to put materials on contract for the building this summer. I am in debt to those of you who have already registered, I am grateful for all who can commit to this project and get registred soon.
    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Gentlemen,

I wish to thanks those who have already registered to support this endeavor.

The "Fire on the Rappahannock" event is approaching the cap for Federal participants already. The 89th NY has the largest number of remaining slots and I am daily recieving inquiries about participation. Now is the time to get registered to make sure you can participate in this experience. Also, a portion of the registration funds goes to the pontoon building supplies and those funds are needed as soon as possible to ensure materials are ordered and recieved for the planned work weekends this summer. The current registration form and event release form with instructions is attached below. Please register as soon as you can.

Pontoon_Boat_Adjunct_Registration.pdf

The current registered list is below by company. I will update this list regularly.

Staff
      Berezuk, Pete - Commander

15th NY Engineers
      Ball, Raymond B.
      Ball, Raymond L.
      Bamann, Bill
      Bertone, Carter
      Johnson, Brett
      Oakes, Doug
      Tyler, Steve

89th NY, Company G - South and West
      Comer, Michael - Commander
      Coffman, Martin
      Davenport, Ed
      Evans, Lou
      Orrand, Robert
      Serour, Mark
      Smallwood, Gene
      Underwood, Tyler

89th NY, Company K - Washington Guard
      Bowser, Bob
      Bordenaro, Joe
      Brandt, Jeremy
      Calcagni, Scott
      Keller, Gregory
      Wrightstone, Mark
      Zartman, Dale
      Salland, Pat

89th NY, Company E - Potomac Legion
      Flemming Paul
      Schwartz Gary

89th NY, Company H - Old Northwest
      Roscoe Andrew
      Roigoni Keith
      Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Peter,

Ray and I are still hoping to come in August but can't confirm just yet. Definitely glad to see a few other Engineers out there. I know we have a few more coming with us in December. This promises to be a tremendous event.

If any of the gentlemen on this list are looking for an Engineer unit to join more permanently, Co. A US Engineer Battalion (Regular) is always looking for recruits. Have a look at www.usengineerbn.net if you might be interested. You can also reach us at usengineerbn@yahoo.com

Essayons
        1st Sgt. Ray Ball
        Essayons!

Your Obedient Servant,

Raymond Ball
        1Sgt Co. A
        US Engineer Bn.
        Union Forever!
        [url]http://www.usengineerbn.net[/url]

Comment

Pontoon Boat Adjunct Update June 5, 2012

Gentlemen,

There has been an overwhelming interest in the larger "Fire on the Rappahannock" and because of that, I have been given a deadline to register participants for the Pontoon Boat Adjunct of July 1. If the available slots are not filled by then, they will be released for the wait list of the larger event. I am honored by the eagerness of those who have already signed on to support this event. If you have been thinking about participating but haven't sent in the registration form, there is no time to waste now. I am daily getting contacted from individuals and groups looking to participate and will need to take applicants on a first come, first served basis. Attached below is the current registration form...

Pontoon_Boat_Adjunct_Registration.pdf

I am proud to announce the fourth company will commanded by Andrew Roscoe. The Old North West is making a strong showing filling in their company.

Here is an updated registration list for the Pontoon Boat Adjunct. I have indicated the company commander's and posted their email addresses so individuals can contact them about joining their companies.

15th NY Engineers
          Ball, Raymond B.
          Ball, Raymond L.
          Bamann, Bill
          Bertone, Carter
          Doyle, Mike
          Johnson, Brett
          Oakes, Doug
          Tyler, Steve
          18 Slots remaining

89th NY Infantry Co G - Mike Comer (huntdaw@gmail.com), Commanding
          Coffman, Martin
          Davenport, Ed
          Evans, Lou
          Orrand, Robert
          Serour, Mark
          Smallwood, Gene
          Underwood, Tyler
          18 Slots remaining

89th NY Infantry Co K - Bob Bowser (bowser625@comcast.net), Commanding
          Bordenaro, Joe
          Brandt, Jeremy
          Calcagni, Scott
          Keller, Gregory
          Wrightstone, Mark
          Zartman, Dale
          Salland, Pat
          Utter, Dane
          17 Slots remaining

89th NY Infantry Co B - James Owens (jdo@npmhu.org) Commanding
          Flemming, Paul
          Flemming, William
          Gillis, Jonathan
          Schwartz, Gary
          Taylor, Simon
          28th NY TBD
          28th NY TBD
          18 Slots remaining

89th NY Infantry Co H - Andrew Roscoe (andrew.j.roscoe@gmail.com) Commanding
          Adams, Christopher
          Bevard, Jeremy
          Cook, Robert
          Marshall, Michael
          Roigoni, Keith
          Stafford, Robert
          Steele, Thomas
          18 Slots remaining

If your name is not on the list above, either I have not recieved your registration yet or it was done incorrectly. If you believe you are registered, please contact me at pete.berezuk@gmail.com as soon as possible so we can work the problem out.
          Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Hey Pete,

The whole pontoon thing seems like an awesome idea, and I totally applaud you for making it happen. I am interested in the event, but I have to ask what to me is the $5 question. I haven't been to a Fredericksburg event before, but I am familiar with the town. Will most of the activity at this event (beyond the pontoon portion) happen in the modern downtown? I know they've done this event for years and years, I just can't wrap my head around how it will work with such a developed area?

Thanks,
            Tom Craig
            Tom Craig

Comment

Tom,

This is one of those events where modern intrusions are everywhere. But the thing about Fredericksburg is you can stand at any intersection in the original town property and see buildings that range from the Colonial period, through the 19th Century and into the modern day. Through the years the 28th MASS and the 47th VA have identified some locations where they can achieve the desired results and have a successful commemoration of the battle with opposed battle scenarios.

There are three planned battle scenarios.

The first will be the pontoon crossing from Ferry Farm and the clearing of the city dock which are relatively undeveloped and free of modern structures. This is the primary focus of the Adjunct effort.

The second battle scenario is a street fighting engagement which will occurred on December 11, 1862. They have used a couple of different locations in the city, the specific one has not been approved yet. This requires a built up residential area for the desired effect.

The third battle scenario is the assault on Marye's Heights and for this year's event the College of Mary Washington is again allowing the use of a section of undeveloped land that is adjacent to and north of the NPS unit at the Sunken Road. This is the original ground and the event participation is scaled so this area gives the experience of the event but is not overcrowded nor sparsely covered.

The key I hope to relay in this discussion is yes there are modern intrusions throughout but the event is designed to recreate what is possible inside the modern town. There are also multiple areas where period homes and properties in the town will be utilized by civilian and military participants. This will alllow those who desire the chance to find their 'bubble' and experience.

I signed on because I saw an opportunity to recreate something unique and provide an experience for like-minded fellows. For me my experience is being on the original ground with soldiers around me and I can look past and ignore most modern intrusions for that experience.

I hope that helps and provides a clearer idea of what the level of modern intrusion is and what participants can expect at the event.
              Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Thanks Pete!

That was precisely the info I was looking for. I thought that what you described was the case, but I wanted to make sure that I understood entirely what I'd be getting into. Knowing what to expect, and setting your expectations appropriately is the key to having a good time at events.

Take care,
                Tom Craig
                Tom Craig

Comment

June18,2012 - Pre-Event Communication #2 Sent

Gentlemen,

Those of you who have registered for the Pontoon Boat Adjunct at "Fire on the Rappahannock" have been sent Pre-Event Communication #2 which covers expectations and the general scheme of manuever for the event. If you believe you have registered and did not receive it, please contact me immediately via email at pete.berezuk@gmail.com

As of today there are 40 slots remaining for the 89th NY Infantry and 13 slots remaining for the 15th NY Engineers. If you are interested in participating there is no time to delay. Registration for the 89th NY will close on July 1 and any remaining slots will be turned over to the event registrar for the growing wait list of Federals.

You can get the current registration form here: Pontoon_Boat_Adjunct_Registration.pdf
                  Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Re: June18,2012 - Pre-Event Communication #2 Sent

Mr. Berezuk. I received a communication from you on Thursday listing the members of my company who are registered with the adjunct but nothing beyond that. Please let me know if I have missed some communication on this subject.

Thanks,
                    Simon Taylor
                    28th NY
                    Niagara Rifles
                    Simon Taylor

Rochester, NY
                    Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
                    28th New York

Comment

Hello,
                      I'm in Ohio so not able to help build the boats but would like to help with the handling and could be over a couple of days early to help set up. Can I sign up for the 15th?

Rick Compton
                      30th OVI
                      4th OVI, Killbuck Mess
                      H. Rick Compton

4th OVI, 30th OVI

1SG (RET) Ohio Army National Guard Aviation
                      OIF/OEF
                      Lodge 240 Groveport, OH

[I][B]"Southern by birth, Yankee, because my parents didn't like the humidity!"[/B][/I]

Comment

Rick and Simon, I got your emails and replied. I had to travel for work this week, so please accept my apologies for the delay.

Comrades,

As of Tuesday June 19, there are 35 slots remaining with the 89th NY Infantry and 11 slots remaining with the 15th NY Engineers. Registration closes on July 1. If you're sitting on the fence, now is the time to get off and register. First Come, First Served for remaining slots. If you have any questions on which company to register with please contact me by email at pete.berezuk@gmail.com.
                        Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

I mailed in my registration earlier this week and sent the word to a small group I intend to bring from this side of the mountains.
                          Matt Woodburn
                          Retired Big Bug
                          WIG/GHTI
                          Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
                          "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Thanks Matt,

It will be good to have you along for the adventure.
                            Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Pontoon Boat Adjunct UpdateJune 26, 2012

The registration deadline of July 1 is five days away. I am receiving registrations daily and as soon as I receive them, I am contacting the individual by email and verifying their placement.

Company B (James Owens) and Company H (Andrew Roscoe) are filled. At this point only a handful of slots remain in Company K (Bob Bowser), Company G (Mike Comer) and the 15th NY Engineers. I will fill the remaining slots on a first come, first served basis and will let each registrant know what positions remain if your requested company is full.

I am grateful for the community's support of this effort.
                              Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

89th NY Infantry Registration is Closed - June 29, 2012

Gentlemen,

Registration for the 89th NY Infantry is closed. All available slots have been filled and I am contacting the individuals who have sent in registrations over the available slots with how I am going to deal with them.

There are a handful of slots remaining with the 15th NY Engineers, I will fill those with paid registrations as I receive them and once it is filled I will make an announcement and deal with extra registrations by contacting the individuals.

A final registered list will be sent to the company commanders the week of July 14 and all individuals registered will be contact at the same time.

Thanks for the support for this endeavor.
                                Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Working...
                                X