Vicksburg Living History Dates Set- CS, US and Civilian- May 3-5, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicksburg Living History Dates Set- CS, US and Civilian- May 3-5, 2013

The dates are now set with Vicksburg for the 150th Living History program. The initial proposal to the park is in the process of being finished and at that point the choices can be made of what is "a-go" and what needs to be cut from the interp.

As of now we will have Federal and Confederate Infantry Present in several locations. We will also have civilians at the Shirley House. Right now communications have been sent to artillery groups to participate for the weekend.

The event was moved to early May to not conflict with Marmaduke's Raid Part Dos or any Gettysburg efforts that might come up. For those that enjoyed Life on the Line, this should be better. I'm approaching this like it is my "Last Ride" event for Vicksburg in a large capacity.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: Vicksburg Living History Dates Set- CS, US and Civilian- May 3-5, 2013

Pat, that is great news that the dates have been set. I'll let King Robby know ASAP. Also, thanks for getting this rolling. Many of us are looking forward to being in the park for this one. Oh da heats and humidities!!!!
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Looking forward to this one! Attended Pat's last offering at Vicksburg in blue, want to go gray for this next one. How does May compare to June in Mississippi? :p
      Andy Ackeret
      A/C Staff
      Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Hot and hotter. Blackberry Winter in May.
        Dean Burchfield
        [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
        Cleburnes
        Hard Case Boys
        Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
        Napoléon Bonaparte
        A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

It's cool and breezy......at least inside the visitor center.
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Topsy turvy

Last time I was there for a Landrum event, it was warm and toasty - in the visitor center - plus cool and breezy in the park.
            Silas Tackitt,
            one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Pat,

I'm sure I won't make it because of Guard Drill. Too bad, was looking forward to it. Y'all have fun.
              Timothy J. Koehn
              Boone's Louisiana Battery
              Supporting Confederate Memorial Hall, New Orleans, LA
              http://www.confederatemuseum.com/

Comment

I was looking forward to this also, but it has been moved to a weekend I will be required to work. Most unfortunate.
                [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana]Bob Dispenza[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                [COLOR=Navy]US Naval Landing Party ([url]www.usnlp.org)[/url][/COLOR]
                [COLOR=SeaGreen]Navy and Marine Living History Association ([url]www.navyandmarine.org)[/url][/COLOR]

"The publick give credit for feat of arms, but the courage which is required for them, cannot compare with that which is needed to bear patiently, not only the thousand annoyances but the total absence of everything that makes life pleasant and even worth living." - Lt. Percival Drayton, on naval blockade duty.

"We have drawn the Spencer Repeating Rifle. It is a 7 shooter, & a beautiful little gun. They are charged to us at $30.00. 15 of which we have to pay."
                William Clark Allen, Company K, 72nd Indiana Volunteers, May 17, 1863

Comment

Looking very much forward to this one. Great job getting this going Pat!
                  [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                  ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Eric Fair (captain) and I (orderly) will be recruiting men to portray the 45th Illinois at the Shirley House.

Rod Miller will be recruiting for the 113th Illinois.

I am looking forward to this!!
                    Nathan Hellwig
                    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Holler you have myself, Eric Burke ,Ron Feagle and Thomaz Rachal so far as willing and able men in the company :) edited....the picture posted below is incorrectly captioned that it is the 45th at the Shirley house. I am curious now about this photo, but that is for another thread.

Getty Images Deutschland. Finden Sie hochauflösende lizenzfreie Bilder, Bilder zur redaktionellen Verwendung, Vektorgrafiken, Videoclips und Musik zur Lizenzierung in der umfangreichsten Fotobibliothek online.
                      Last edited by PetePaolillo; 04-06-2012, 08:01 PM. Reason: wrong photo
                      [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                      ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Alright, I'm in.
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

Well, I always like to visit where the Missouri boys of both sides were and it has been a while. Time for a pilgrimmage I suppose.
                          Michael Comer
                          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Im in as well.
                            Lee White
                            Researcher and Historian
                            "Delenda Est Carthago"
                            "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

Holler,

I will be there either in your company or Rod's. Looks like an excellent time.

Thanks,

Tom
                              Tom Klas
                              Hard Head Mess
                              Citizens Guard

Comment

Working...
                              X