150th Battle of Pickett's Mill May 30th - June 1st, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150th Battle of Pickett's Mill May 30th - June 1st, 2014

Make sure you clear that with Joni first.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Thinkin' about coming down and playing on the big guns for this one. Got an invite to help crew a gun.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

C'mon down Michael, you know we'll have a great time!
        Robert Collett
        8th FL / 13th IN
        Armory Guards
        WIG

Comment

Herb,

I guess I should start the process.

Joey Szahowski
          Joey Szahowski

Comment

I'm very interested.
            Jim Busby
            Walton Guards
            Co D 1st FL Inf Reg
            Co D 7th VT Inf Reg
            Co C 3rd US Inf
            www.waltonguards.org

Comment

Thanks for the interest folks. I can make the announcement that the military commanders for the event are Joe Blunt leading the Federals, and Brian Hicks leading the Confederates.

I've been slowly sending invites out to different groups in regards to companies for each side.

I'm also working with the park to allow a early set up for Friday for those who can manage the time off. I'll post more after the next meeting.

And actual website should be ready to roll within a few weeks. Thanks all.
              Herb Coats
              Armory Guards &
              WIG

Comment

Thanks for the update Herb, looking forward to it !

Tony Patton
                Tony Patton

Comment

The ONV will be raising at least one company for its members for this one.
                  Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                  Civil War Digital Digest
                  Sally Port Mess

Comment

Glad to have the ONV on board Jeremy. The park staff has given full approval for a "early bird special." There will be an Atlanta Campaign-style outpost setup for those who want to arrive Thursday night/Friday morning. This will encompass most of Friday, and recreate both forces stretching out along the Dallas/New Hope line. So, there is something for all of you early arrival types now.
                    Last edited by Coatsy; 04-15-2013, 12:57 PM.
                    Herb Coats
                    Armory Guards &
                    WIG

Comment

I've sent more invitations to campaigner groups to form both Federal and Confederate companies. Also, I am pleased to announce that Mark Choate has agreed to head up the Confederate cavalry effort for the event. All wanting to attend as CS cavalry must go through Mark. No exceptions. There will be NO Federal cavalry because they weren't present at the actual battle.

The website should be up and running by next week. Real life slowed me down some this week.

Preservation Note: All funds not used for rations and event costs goes to the park. For the only section of Atlanta Campaign core battle field left un developed, it doesn't get a lot of love from the state. The park's hours have been cut to three days a week for visitation, and only one full time ranger. An event like this will help show the state that people do care about the park and its significance.
                      Herb Coats
                      Armory Guards &
                      WIG

Comment

I've always loved the events there, beautiful land and actual battlefield to boot. Guess I better go ahead and start my regiments on the ole' stairmaster, that place is an arse kicker.
                        Eric N. Harley-Brown
                        Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Is this event by invitation only, or will it be possible for some of us Pacific Northwest webfoots to come along and join the fun?

Thanks,

Dan Limb
                          Proprietor, T.H.E.M. facebook group
                          Dan Limb
                          One of THEM!

"In the moment of action, remember the value of silence and order" -- Phormio of Athens

"Your first duty is to get a decent hat. You cannot hope to do more. You should never wish to do less"

Direct Descendent of
                          James M. Hergesheimer, Co. A. 20th Iowa Infantry

Capt. James G. Campbell, Co. F., 19th Illinois Infantry. Wounded at Missionary Ridge

Comment

The event is invite only in regards to forming companies. As in I've invited known groups, and campaigners with good reputation have contacted me to form companies for each side. It is up to these groups to fill out their ranks with campaigner types. So, when I get that pesky website set up, the companies and POCs will be available. If you can meet the guidelines, contact a company POC.

If you need more information feel free to contact me via PM.
                            Herb Coats
                            Armory Guards &
                            WIG

Comment

Dan, I'll post something on THEM about it.
                              Silas Tackitt,
                              one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

One of my favorite moments in reenacting was at Pickets Mill. I forget the year,but us that were riding, dismounted and moved a cannon (with alot of help ) and masked it on a road. As soon as the infantry advanced, we blew them to @#$^ ! Then reloaded and did it several more times till the infantry realized were were not going to quit and some got real close and may have been powder burned by the cannon!!! We were sure shoving loads down the barrel as fast as any real crew who were trying to stop a wave of the enemy. Ohhhh yeah !!!
                                Don't think Mark Choate will let me top that !
                                Last edited by Jerry Ross; 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM.
                                Jerry Ross
                                Withdraw to Fort Donelson Feb 2012

Just a sinner trying to change

Hog Driver
                                Lead ,Follow or Get out of the way !

Comment

Working...
                                X