Bentonville Photos & Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentonville Photos & Videos

This video has been making it rounds on Facebook. The only video I have seen so far of the 10th Iowa in action on the march. Has anyone seen video of us marching in on Saturday morning yet? Enjoy and feel free to share other photos and videos in this thread.

Click Here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=798985923488788&pnref=story
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 03-23-2015, 11:18 AM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Bentonville Photos & Videos

We had a photographer with us for Saturday. Though he didn't make the actual march, he did record us coming into the site down Buck Dunn Road.

He further took a lot of photos of us in camp and on the field. Once I have his update that all of the photos and videos have been uploaded onto his site I will post the link. I know there have to be other candids, too, but everyone did a great job keeping things unobtrusive.

Great video!
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Comment

Ugh....what's that stinging sensation...oh yeah, it's the salt in the wound from having to miss such a great event the next county over from me :(.....Seriously, you guys look good and glad you had a good time :).  
      Robert F. Wallace
      38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
      North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Comment

I promised my comrades in Company A that I would post these photos. These were taken on Sunday, right before the battle. Coordinated with our Captain ahead of the event because I felt like we would all want to remember this event. Here are some camp shots. More to follow.

IMG_1907.jpgIMG_1909.jpgIMG_1908.jpgIMG_1910.jpg
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

IMG_1911.jpgIMG_1912.jpgIMG_1921.jpgIMG_1923.jpgIMG_1925.jpg
          ERIC TIPTON
          Former AC Owner

Comment

IMG_1928.jpgIMG_1934.jpgIMG_1936.jpgIMG_1937.jpg
            ERIC TIPTON
            Former AC Owner

Comment

These are great shots! Thanks for getting them on here. It was great serving with you.
              Frank Siltman
              24th Mo Vol Inf
              Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
              Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
              Company of Military Historians
              Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

This is awesome. Remember this family and the three horses?

ERIC TIPTON
                Former AC Owner

Comment

Check this one out. It is us getting into camp.

Click on the Link: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
                  ERIC TIPTON
                  Former AC Owner

Comment

Here is the Regiment on Sunday morning. Our numbers were even greater on Saturday. Thanks to all who made this happen!

We received many compliments from our fellow participants and the event committee. Great job, boys!

image.jpg
                    Ivan Ingraham
                    AC Moderator

Comment

Myself and my pards had a really great time at Bentonville. It was an honor to serve under Colonel Ingraham and the 10th Iowa Infantry. I believe everyone from the spectators to the mainstreamers were fully aware of the presence and capabilities of the Iowans that weekend. Our shouts of Iowa! and Forty Rounds! and our actions on the field really carried the weekend. Our campsite was great and the rations (and whiskey), and the complimentary poke sacks and towels were greatly appreciated! Digging the trenches both days added much excitement to the scenarios. We had the pleasure of serving with Company B and its officers and NCO's did a fine job! I wouldn't mind portraying the boys from Iowa again! Big pig, little pig! ROOT HOG OR DIE!

tick creek.jpg
                      Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
                      150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
                      150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
                      Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
                      Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
                      Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
                      Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
                      154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
                      Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Comment

Attached is a photo of my son and I from the event. Wetplate by Todd Harrington.

Words cannot express how much fun it is, not only to see your child have so much fun with the hobby, but to show the determination he did to finish the march.

Thank you Ivan and all who organized the event.
                        Thank you to all the men of the 10th Iowa! You made this weekend something my son will never forget!
                        Attached Files
                        John Wickett
                        Former Carpetbagger
                        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Fantastic photo Wick! That is one tough soldier you have there!
                          Tyler Underwood
                          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                          Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Lunsford View Post
                            Myself and my pards had a really great time at Bentonville. It was an honor to serve under Colonel Ingraham and the 10th Iowa Infantry. I believe everyone from the spectators to the mainstreamers were fully aware of the presence and capabilities of the Iowans that weekend. Our shouts of Iowa! and Forty Rounds! and our actions on the field really carried the weekend. Our campsite was great and the rations (and whiskey), and the complimentary poke sacks and towels were greatly appreciated! Digging the trenches both days added much excitement to the scenarios. We had the pleasure of serving with Company B and its officers and NCO's did a fine job! I wouldn't mind portraying the boys from Iowa again! Big pig, little pig! ROOT HOG OR DIE!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49012[/ATTACH]
                            Mr. Lundsford and all: You all made a fine company of men for this event! Thank you for the privilege to lead you as your commander.

Huzzah for SCAR!
                            Johnny Lloyd
                            John "Johnny" Lloyd
                            Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                            SCAR
                            Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                            Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                            Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                            Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Seeing Mr. Wickett's soldier climbing and falling all over the works after the battle Saturday gave me more to look forward to when my almost 2 year old fights with me.

The rest of you boys looked good too by the way.
                              Mike Barnes

Blanket Collector (Hoarder)
                              44th VA / 25th OH

Comment

Working...
                              X