Federal Brigade at Perryville 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Brigade at Perryville 2016

We are excited to announce the formation of a Federal Brigade for Perryville 2016. There will be 2 battalions. Will Eichler will lead one effort and Tyler Underwood of SCAR the other. Rob Murray will command the Brigade.

Murray's Brigade at Perryville

When: October 7-9, 2016

Impression: William R. Terrill's Brigade - 105th Ohio and 123rd Illinois
    Brigade Commander: Rob Murray - rmmurray@charter.net
    1st Battalion (105th Ohio): Will Eichler - will@williameichler.com
    2nd Battalion (123rd Illinois): Tyler Underwood - tylerlunderwood@yahoo.com

Facebook

Our plan is to work with our friends the WIG on the Confederate side during the event.
    Last edited by JEBminnesota; 04-10-2015, 09:28 PM.
    Joe Beedle

http://www.2ndminnesota.com

http://thesheepfarm.org

Re: Federal Brigade at Perryville 2016

This is great news! This is one of my favorite battlefields and it will be great to see a large authentic presence. Bully for Ohio and Illinois!
    Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
    SCAR

Comment

Tyler will be drunk with power!

I concur, Pat; I am in for this one.
      Ivan Ingraham
      AC Moderator

Comment

Members of Company C 105th Ohio 14 years ago after the 2001 LH organized by Paul Calloway. Otherwise known as The Event of the Friday Night Monsoon. This picture was taken Sunday upon conclusion, and probably all of our gear was still wet from the drenching. The next year this effort was expanded from 80 rifles to over 200 and became one of Dom Dal bello's battalions in an AoP Brigade at the national Perryville event in 2002.

Co C Perryville 2001.jpg
        Last edited by Strawfoot; 04-12-2015, 09:56 AM.
        Mike Phineas
        Arlington, TX
        24th Missouri Infantry
        Independent Volunteer Battalion
        www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Ivan,

I'll keep the young Mr. Underwood in check. He's asked, and I offered to serve as has his Sr. Field Officer. I have heard already that Co. E, may need additional attention paid to it. Rumor has it that they are a bunch womanizing, drunkard carousing lous-abouts.
          Brian Hicks
          Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Mr. Hicks:

You watching Mr. Underwood is like telling a drunk to keep a close eye on the whiskey rations for a regiment--indeed, sir!

Such complimentary language will only make the other Coy's jealous. While it is true that our disciplinary record is not stellar, our morale and performance is second-to-none. Ours is a results-based enterprise, though we have often been asked to refrain from Sunday dress parade due to an inability to pass a review. Our record in the field, however, remains unblemished.

We will be sure to welcome you warmly during evening activities, as always, sir.

Become a legend--Join Company E!
            Ivan Ingraham
            AC Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Strawfoot View Post
              Members of Company C 105th Ohio 14 years ago after the 2001 LH organized by Paul Calloway. Otherwise known as The Event of the Friday Night Monsoon.
              Hmm... trying to remember Friday, Perryville 2001 and 2002...
              ...both were 105th OVI
              ...both Fridays s-u-c-k-e-d (lots to embrace there).

2001 - On top of a hill. High winds. Rain blowing sideways. After failing to keep warm in the spoon line, rose up to see Joe Strauser by the fire sitting up wrapped in a blanket. He was so tired, I thought he was going to pass out and fall forward into the flames.

2002 - I arrived with Craig Solomon between two rounds of storms. We sat up, geared up, and waited out the rain while sitting under our gumblankets. Wickett/ Solomon 1; Storm 0.

Each event was fantastic! ...and I still had hair back then!
              ;-)
              John Wickett
              Former Carpetbagger
              Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

John, it snowed in 2001. The storm was 2002. I enjoyed both.
                Ken Cornett
                MESS NO.1
                Founding Member
                OHIO
                Mason Lodge #678, PM
                Need Rules?

Comment

I remember Friday at Perryville quite well. As part of the 80th Illinois I remember the march that day and the rain and storms. But it was that night on guard duty I remember most. It was pitch black and off a ways out in front of me it sounded like a line of men marching towards us. It stopped, then picked back up a further distance away and came towards me again, stopping at the same place. It did that a couple of times and I knew I wasn't crazy because the post to my left heard as well and called the corporal of the guard. But there was nothing out there. The next morning we went out and found a marker that said some CS regiment got mauled at that spot. Creepy.

Will MacDonald

Comment

I did a summer LH there in 2000 or 2001 and saw the forms of a large company in the moonlight and fog moving around the area where the 42nd Indiana was filling canteens at the start of the battle. Perryville is one of those places where you can still feel things. I'm looking forward next year's event.
                    Andrew Potter
                    Broadside Mess
                    Western Federal Blues

Comment

When will registration open ??

- - - Updated - - -

I'm up for it Ivan
                      Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Barry, brigade/battalion registration is being worked out now. Stand by for the announcement.
                        Tyler Underwood
                        Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                        Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

If the kid is born on time I look forward to making it, but the joke has been made that we'll likely have a "Perryville Baby", but I'm hopeful to be able to make this effort. Sr. Field Commander? Don't recall that rank in the manuals.
                          Patrick Landrum
                          Independent Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash
                            Sr. Field Commander? Don't recall that rank in the manuals.
                            A seņor commander : Maxmilian I, Emperor of Mexico.

Silas Tackitt,
                            one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

I remember seeing that guy near the funnel cake stand at Gettysburg.
                              Frank Perkin

Comment

Working...
                              X