Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Crabb (July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: John Crabb (July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009)

I am so very sorry for your loss, Beth. I only met you folks a few times; you've always been so sweet, friendly, funny, and generous to all around you. So much kindness lives on for ever. May John go from strength to strength.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

As with Bro. John Lloyd, the last time I saw Bro. Brabb was at Marmy's Raid. It was Sunday, the Lord's Day, when we stormed the Fort and commenced to helping ourselves to the food we found. I saw Bro. Crabb standing nearby, smiling and went over to share pleasentries. Thats how I will remember John.
      Michael A. Kupsch, 32°
      Grand Junior Warden, Grand Lodge of Kansas AF & AM
      Past Master Wyandotte Lodge #03

[email]tatermess_mike@yahoo.com[/email]
      The Tater Mess
      The Widow's Son Mess
      WIG's
      [url]http://members.tripod.com/the_tater_mess/[/url]

Comment

Beth, you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. Like Mr. Runyon, I read the post yesterday and hoped that time would make this easier. It hasn't, really. Last night after, for me, a sombre Thanksgiving dinner thinking of your family, I pulled out my banjo, and found that when played more slowly than normal, the tunes soothed a bit. Rattlesnake Jig, played slowly, sounds like a lullaby to me.

Wish I could join you later today. Many in this community will certainly be there in spirit.

Jim Moffet
        Minnesota First, Comp. A
        Western Brigade

Comment

Mrs Beth,
          My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
          We all are thinking of the special times we had and the privilege of spending with John. Far too few.
          Kindest Regards,
          Last edited by Greg Barnett; 11-27-2009, 08:32 PM.
          Greg S Barnett
          Burlington Lodge #763 F&AM

New Knoxville Mess
          ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

I remember talking to him at Greenfield Village back in April. At the time he seemed to be doing well. This is just so sad. He was one of the good ones.
            Frank Perkin

Comment

To the Widow Crabb....

Executive Mansion
              Washington Nov 28 1864

Dear Madam,

I am receipt of notification that you are the surviving widow of a Union soldier who has answered his final muster.
              I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief and sorrow of your loss. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that is rightfully yours in the thanks of the Republic he faithfully served.
              I pray our Heavenly Father may assuage you the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of your loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have shared a life freely willing to sacrifice upon the alter of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

(With apologies to Father Abraham and Mrs Bixby)

Kent Dorr - Ohio

Comment

Well, there goes the happiness from my weekend! I guess I can sum up by saying that I am thankful to have had John in the hobby, I am thankful for his and Beth's contributions. Every time I use a product I got from Ezra Barnhouse I will think of him and smile!

Chris Fischer
                F-Troop

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Mrs. Crabb. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
                  Regards,
                  Scott Dallimore
                  14th SCVI Co. I "McCalla's Rifles"
                  Reedy River Mess - 16th S.C. The Greenville Rg't
                  -------------------------------------

Comment

Madam,

My sincerest and heartfelt condolences for your loss. I wish I had the chance to meet him in person.

Comment

It breaks my heart to read the notice of John's passing. My prayers and condolences to Beth and John's family. He may no longer be with us, but we have memories of this wonderful man that will last forever.
                      Mike Ventura
                      Shannon's Scouts

Comment

Beth,

My deepest sympathy to you during this tough time.

I met John in 1989 when he first joined the 6th Ohio while I was the units drummer boy. He joined this hobby during the 125th anniversary cycle, and I remember the 125th Atlanta event, was his first "MEGA" experience, compared to local smaller events. (He even appeared in a couple scenes, "Classic Images" recorded from this event for their VHS tapes.)

John made events fun, and took on important roles in order to move the unit along, but most importantly, because he loved what he was doing.

In the mid 90's, I left the unit to pursue a more authentic experience, and soon after, John did the same thing. (However not breaking his 6th OVI ties like I did.)

John really loved this hobby, and made it better for those of us who were around him.

John was in this hobby for a long time, and we will all miss him.

Aaron
                        Last edited by HOG.EYE.MAN; 11-28-2009, 07:16 PM.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
                        Cincinnati

Comment

My condolences to the Crabb family.
                          [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Whioe I did not know him,we are all part of the same "family". May your good times and cherished memories bring you through this hard time.

Comment

Ms. Crabb,
                              I truly sorry to hear of John's passing. I meet him years ago at Fort Henry March and saw you all at Zoar this year. I will miss him and God Bless Your Family.

Comment

He will be greatly missed both within the hobby as well as on the outside. It was a beautiful service.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Matt Caldwell

GHTI

WIG[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X