No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace: Cody Warren (1977-2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in Peace: Cody Warren (1977-2006)

Cody reenacted with my unit the last two years. He joined the Marines, last year. He was only 19. Semper Fi Cody.

Gordon County Marine killed in Iraq
    11/10/06

Cody Warren
    Cody Warren, a 2005 graduate of Gordon Central High School, was killed Thursday in Iraq, school officials said.

Warren, 19, was a member of Battery M, 3rd Battalion, 14th Marine Regiment, a reserve unit based in Chattanooga.

The Marine Reserve unit said it could not release any information about Warren's death, but friends of the Marine said he was killed by sniper fire.

“Cody was one of ours,” said Mike Stanton, county school superintendent. “His service and his sacrifice become personal because we all know him and his family.”

Stanton said Warren’s mother, Robin Patterson of Resaca, is a Gordon County school bus driver, and he has siblings still at GCHS. He father is James Warren of Marietta.

A memorial service for Cody Warren has been scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 13 at the memorial fountain in front of Gordon Central High School

Neal Crawford, GCHS band director, said Warren was an important part of the Blue Wave Marching Band.

“He was our drum major his junior and senior years and also played alto sax,” Crawford said. “I couldn’t have asked for a better drum major. He was a tremendous leader.”

Warren also sang in the Gordon Central Chorale and Tonal Combustion, the schools a capella group, and performed in the school’s One Act play competition.

Crawford said the mood at the school was somber as news of Warren’s death spread Friday morning.

“The band members who are juniors and seniors here now all knew Cody,” Crawford said. “I told the kids this morning that when you hear about things like this on the news, it may sting, but when it’s someone you know it makes it real.”
    Jerry Holmes
    28th GA. Inf
    65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Re: We Lost One Of Our Own

It's always sad to hear that a true hero of our country has been killed protecting our freedoms. My deepest sympathy goes out to Mr. Warren's family and friends.

May God rest his soul.
    Patrick Rooney

Comment

Ghost,

Our deepest respects and sympathies. I know he will be missed, and be assured, that when he reports at Heaven's gate, he will be well admitted, as he has served his time in hell.

Semper Fi, Cody...And thank you for your sacrifice.

(Saluting)
      Robert W. Hughes
      Co A, 2nd Georgia Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Inf.
      Thrasher Mess
      Operation Iraqi Freedom II 2004-2005
      ENG Brigade, 1st Cavalry Div. "1st Team!"
      Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
      And I said "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Very sad :(
        Frank Perkin

Comment

Absolutely sickening.....I'm at a loss for both words of woe and sagacity to explain the loss of life we are presently dealing with over there.

One day devoted to our fallen doesn't begin to compensate, but God bless them all just the same on this, Veteren's Day.
          Michael Semann
          AC Staff Member Emeritus.

Comment

God rest Cody's soul and I pray for Gods grace to previal within his family and friends to deal with this tragic loss.
            I am ever convinced that it is incumbent upon me to live as honorable as I possibly can for the price of my option to be American was paid once again.

I thank God for Cody, and the United States Marine Corp.
            Dennis Neal
            "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
            David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
            Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
            [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
            J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

God bless and Godspeed.

"If the Army and the Navy
              Ever look on Heaven's scenes
              They will find the streets are guarded
              By United States Marines."
              [FONT=Times New Roman]Yours most respectfully, your obedient servant,[/FONT]
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              [FONT=Times New Roman]R. L. ("Rob") Griffiths.[/FONT]
              [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Member, Civil War Preservation Trust.[/I][/FONT]
              [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Authentic Campaigner member since November 10th, 2004.[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][I]"I am not aware of ever having used a profane expletive in my life, but I would have the charity to excuse those who may have done so, if they were in charge of a train of Mexican pack mules at the time."[/I] - U. S. Grant[I].[/I][/FONT]

Comment

Being in the area I heard about Cody's death on the local news, I didnt realise he was in the 28th, years ago when I got into the hobby, I belonged to the 28th, stayed with them til 89. I truely sadened about the death of this outstanding young man. May he rest in peace.

Lee
                Lee White
                Researcher and Historian
                "Delenda Est Carthago"
                "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boreguard
                  God rest Cody's soul and I pray for Gods grace to previal within his family and friends to deal with this tragic loss.
                  I am ever convinced that it is incumbent upon me to live as honorable as I possibly can for the price of my option to be American was paid once again.

I thank God for Cody, and the United States Marine Corp.
                  Well said Dennis, for all of us.
                  Soli Deo Gloria
                  Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Another young man safe in the arms of God. My sympathies and prayers to his family.
                    DianeGipson
                    1st MS Partisan Rangers

Comment

Semper Fi Brother. May God give your family the strength that they need in thier time of sorrow. You are a hero and a patriot. When we meet in the hereafter with all of our brothers we can drink a toast to the great deeds that men like you have done for your country. God, I pray that you look after the soul of our brother Cody and of the many others who have lost thier lives in this fight. Our world is a lesser place without you.

Semper Fidelis,
                      Mike Pretus

Semper Fidelis,
                      Mike Pretus
                      16th LA Inf

Comment

Semper Fidelis.

Our prayers go out for his family, and for him. May he now find the rest he so deserves, and may his spirit be close to his family that remains here on earth, with those whom have preceded him, and with God.
                        Brian Hicks
                        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Im best wishes to the family, and let it be know he will never be forgotten.
                          Breandan Mackie

Comment

May God bless Cody and his family. Words aren't adequate at a time like this, but it makes me proud to know that there are still young Americans like him.
                            Bill Reagan
                            23rd Reg't
                            Va. Vol. Infy.

Comment

God bless him. Anything I could say feels utterly inadequate. No matter how messed up this country seems at times, we still have people like him. Wow.

Becky Morgan
                              Becky Morgan

Comment

Working...
                              X