Shiloh AAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shiloh AAR

Did anyone get photos of the Minnehaha? It sure did look pretty in the pitch black through sleep deprived eyes!

Thanks,
    Bob Bowser

Comment

I think Double P did.
      Andrew Schultz

Possum Skinners Mess

Buzzards Mess

Comment

There will be shots of the Minnehaha as we had some imbedded discreet filming going on.
        Matt Woodburn
        Retired Big Bug
        WIG/GHTI
        Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
        "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive...

Before picking up the 15th Iowa

Sunrise on the Tennessee River

The next morning

All of these (except the sunrise pic which was taken by myself) were sent to me by Elizabeth Topping.

Jon Isaacson, BM - USN
          Steamer Minnehaha
          150th Shiloh

Comment

I can't add much other than what has already been said. Good times with old and new friends. My only regret is having to fall out Sunday when a pain in my back made it impossible to continue. I really wanted to be in that skirmish line.

I do want to make just one statement about the event:

THANK YOU MATT AND THE ENTIRE STAFF THAT PUT THIS TOGETHER!

Your work and effort is not unnoticed nor is it unappreciated. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!
            Robert Collett
            8th FL / 13th IN
            Armory Guards
            WIG

Comment

This appears to me to be footage from the Johnny side Sunday.

The opening lines--"Holy *blank*! There's a *blanking* mile of 'em!"

Alexander Vasquez
              Late of Co. C, 15 IA
              Last edited by Alexander Vasquez; 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM. Reason: Hit post too soon

Comment

OK, turn this one up as loud as you can - head phones on full, pipe it through your stereo, whatever you gotta do...my little trouble makers...I'm laughing my butt off...my wife thinks I'm insane...I know I am...you guys were so awesome...I'm so proud of every one of you...I can't stop laughing...thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZMo...feature=relmfu
                Matt Woodburn
                Retired Big Bug
                WIG/GHTI
                Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
                "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Scott Garrett told me yesterday that when the 15th Iowa emerged from the treeline there was an ohhhhhhhhhh from the rebel ranks. He was a one star on the other side and had made many of the 125th onward. Said he had never seen a sight like that!
                  Dean Burchfield
                  [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
                  Cleburnes
                  Hard Case Boys
                  Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
                  Napoléon Bonaparte
                  A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

That was a great video clip. Holy S@#%!!! It did look like one heck of an imposing sight!
                    Jeff "Thad" Gallagher

Pit Rat Mess
                    49th Ohio
                    Huber Heights #777 F&AM

"The moralities of this company are not as good as they used to be, there is much swearing and abuse." Francis Kiene 49th OVI

Comment

• Re: Shiloh AAR

Thank you to all who had a part in pulling this off. The minutiae and copious amounts of logistics work speaks volumes to the replies posted here so far.

Speaking of fun....can we do it again...can we...can we??? Let me heal my heels first though!!!

005.JPG006.JPG
                      James Ross

Comment

Reading all these postings, looking at the pictures, and watching the videos posted--our "Shiloh" is one of the more memorable experiences we can look back on. About five hours from now, 150 years ago, memories of a very different sort will start to be made at that landing in Tennessee. The Iowa General Assembly today had a member of the House and Senate each give pretty emotional pleas to the citizens of Iowa to set aside some time tomorrow to remember Iowa's sacrifices at Shiloh; all of us late of the 15th, regardless of where we came from in the real world, can look to the direction of Pittsburg Landing a little after sunrise tomorrow morning with a different perspective than we did a week ago.

Alexander Vasquez
                        Late of Co. C, 15 IA

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Vasquez View Post
                          Reading all these postings, looking at the pictures, and watching the videos posted--our "Shiloh" is one of the more memorable experiences we can look back on. About five hours from now, 150 years ago, memories of a very different sort will start to be made at that landing in Tennessee. The Iowa General Assembly today had a member of the House and Senate each give pretty emotional pleas to the citizens of Iowa to set aside some time tomorrow to remember Iowa's sacrifices at Shiloh; all of us late of the 15th, regardless of where we came from in the real world, can look to the direction of Pittsburg Landing a little after sunrise tomorrow morning with a different perspective than we did a week ago.

Alexander Vasquez
                          Late of Co. C, 15 IA
                          Alex,
                          Perhaps our many letters to Des Moines weren't ignored after all???
                          V/R
                          [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Pious Jeems View Post
                            Scott Garrett told me yesterday that when the 15th Iowa emerged from the treeline there was an ohhhhhhhhhh from the rebel ranks. He was a one star on the other side and had made many of the 125th onward. Said he had never seen a sight like that!
                            Dean, there have been more videos popping up. One fella says we're an "effing" mile long!
                            V/R
                            [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Mtn.Guerilla View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]38224[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]38225[/ATTACH]

These are a couple of my favorite shots. I believe these were taken by Brian Hicks brother ( ? )
                              You are correct sir. The Photographer was Mike Hicks.
                              Brian Hicks
                              Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

It funny hearing the comments on the videos, about the size of us.
                                Aka
                                Wm Green :D
                                Illegitimi non carborundum
                                (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
                                Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Working...
                                X