Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentonville Event - Any word on possible planning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentonville Event - Any word on possible planning?

Ivan and Doug,

I was referencing a Spanish Fort event (way off the beaten path for many) and something for the 150th Selma that Galen Wagner puts on. But if time isn't a conflict I would like to do Bentonville ( although i wasn't on the paddle boat and honestly prefer gray)
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Comment

The dates for Bentonville , as shown on the NC Dept of Cultural Resources online calendar is March 20-22, 2015. What is really neat is that the dates of the actual battle was March 19-21, 1965 and we will be on much of the same original ground.

Cheers
      Joe Blunt
      "...don't rush the judgement, until all the facts are in."

Comment

Hi gents,

This looks good and if in March hopefully will not interfer with any Appotmattox NMP projects potentially in the works. Again thinking two years out is good.

If you need help, I am sure their are gents in our mess and ONV willing to help as well and a fine idea to bring back the 15th Iowa crew.

Thanks,

Tom
        Tom Klas
        Hard Head Mess
        Citizens Guard

Comment

1965? I knew those bastards didn't know the war wa over!!!!
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash View Post
            1965? I knew those bastards didn't know the war wa over!!!!
            Considering that a monument dedicated to Sherman's men was disapproved a few years back, that is pretty much true! Some families down there have counted the hundreds of generations of lost pigs and chickens and are still trying to get recompense :)
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

A Union monument was finally dedicated this March. It was during our Artillery Living History Display. I remember the big row back in 1994 when it was disapproved the first time. http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/03/...their-due.html

Please ignore the SUV bagpiper. We should have turned our 6 pounder on him.
              David H. Thomas
              Starr's NC Battery
              Fayetteville, NC

Comment

Originally posted by ColdSteele View Post
                Mr. Bierce, I came across the same link, which left me vaguely optimistic about the event happening! Still unclear who the event sponsor will be (BGA, Johnson County, etc.)

The Blue Gray Alliance is not the event planner on this one. My understanding is that Jake Jeanette/Army of Northern Virginia holds the Confederate Command. I've forgotten who the Federal Command is.

Civilian Governor for the Blue-Gray Alliance and occasional troublemaker,
                Terre Hood Biederman
                Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

FYI: the website it up- www.150thbentonville.com
                  Amanda Brantley

Carolina Citizens
                  http://19thcenturycookery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Folks, I keep hearing a rumour that the 15th Iowa is to be re-formed for an event in 2015. Has anyone heard the same? Bentonville came up as the place it might happen, if it did happen...
                    Simon Sobolewski
                    aka Jack Slade, Private, Company A, 4th US Infantry
                    aka Augustus Sink, Company A, 24th Michigan, Iron Brigade of the West

Comment

There have been mumblings of a possible Federal march from Old Bluff Church to Averesboro a day or two before the Bentonville event. It is still in the feasibility stage.
                      David H. Thomas
                      Starr's NC Battery
                      Fayetteville, NC

Comment

With Sailor's Creek the following weekend I doubt there will be much interest in this event, march or otherwise, since most participants will be heading to "the big one."

That said, I am officially out of any planning or organizing for a Bentonville march associated with this event or otherwise. I might look into it after the 150th, but two events so close together isn't going to work for me to put in the time and efforts necessary to make this work properly.

David, I live close enough to Aversboro to participate in a march. I do hope you will keep the information coming on these efforts.
                        Ivan Ingraham
                        AC Moderator

Comment

Registration for the event opens in July! We have started a Facebook event to keep up with the latest information- https://www.facebook.com/events/1505405203012002/?ref=5 Also, visit our website at www.150thbentonville.com for more information.

Thanks!
                          Amanda Brantley

Carolina Citizens
                          http://19thcenturycookery.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd personally prefer to attend Bentonville, as would some of my friends.
                            Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
                            My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

The link to the web site: www.150thbentonville.com does not work. I get an error that says: account suspended.
                              Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
                              John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Comment

I'm reining this one in. Discussion about whether some group(s) might coordinate an adjunct is fair game. However, discussion about the usual samo-samo mainstream reenactment - especially in the EBUFU forum - is not. I'm not encouraging, discouraging or self-promoting any adjunct. Heck, I'm not even going. What I am doing is conforming to forum rules which allow discussion about adjuncts where coordinators conform to published impression guidelines, plans and such.

As of yet, no one has announced anything nor submitted any request to the mods for inclusion on the calendar. Should some group want to form an adjunct and expect to have it publicised here, then the group will need to proceed in the usual manner.
                                Silas Tackitt,
                                one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
                                X