Knapsacks & Blanket Rolls Redeux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Knapsacks & Blanket Rolls Redeux

I will say threads like this, while maybe tedious for long timers, are a boon to new members like myself.
    ~
    Joe McCleery
    4th Texas, Co. B

Comment

Originally posted by 1861 Springfield View Post
      I will say threads like this, while maybe tedious for long timers, are a boon to new members like myself.
      Because some threads need to be popped up to the top.

Forget about the vote. There are sixty-some pages of valuable information buried in this thread. Every member of this forum ought to the time to read the entire thread from beginning to end or, at least, skim it all. There's great stuff here.

I stumbled upon it - again - after a member asked a question about tarred canvas. Using the search function, I got here. The search function works when you use it.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Perhaps this is evident, to others, but I understand that boiled linseed oil dries much faster than raw linseed oil.

Mark Wenger
        Mark Wenger

Comment

I'm not sure that kind of pole is as revelant as it should be. First of all if I had to ask myself what does fit me the best and make me comfortable espaecially during a long march, I would say Knapsack. Because we can put what we need and add more extra blancket in order to build a real bed and to stay warm. If I think of authenticity and accuracy I will choose Blanket roll without hesitation. Even if The ANV was issued with English Import stuffs and news one in country made in Richmond, NC...arsenal, the logistic and supply situation is worth. I mean knapsack is still a kind of a luxury. Furthermore if we all admit that most of the campaings occurred from springtime to the begining of winter, knapsacks seem to be useless, heavy and too warm. An infantryman doesn't need so much: a blancket, half shelter for a mess of 4, a gum also used as a poncho against rain (useful during smringtime and Fall), a shirt and personal items.
          Well what I'm saying is ready to be discussed of course, Im open minded. :)
          Pv. Adrien "Aubrey" Marzuola
          French Mess

Comment

Working...
          X